CENTER FOR FOOD SECTOR RISK POLICY
ЦЕНТЪР ЗА РИСК ПОЛИТИКА В ХРАНИТЕЛНИЯ СЕКТОР
Тhe CFSRP is established as part of the European Risk Policy Institute as a branch, focusing on developing and promoting the Risk Policy Approach to the Food sector, thereby assisting all stakeholders to develop risk policies, assisting them in the prevention of foodborne health risks, aligned with the WHO Strategic Plan for Food Safety 2013 – 2022.
Our experts work along the strategic directions of the WHO Strategic Plan:
- Cooperation with scientific and regulatory institutions
- Cooperating with international standards setting bodies, such as ISO, GFSI, EU and national standards institutions
- Working with international accreditation and certification bodies such as IAF, ILAC, EA, and national accreditation bodies and certification bodies
- Promote collaboration between stakeholders on the application of the Risk Policy Framework for the entire food-chain
- Provide risk communication and training and education in support of foodborne disease prevention
We engage in projects on international level, assist in the development of national food safety strategies and programs and get involved in specific projects to assist the introduction of a risk based approach to manage food related risks in the global supply chain.
Our activities include also expert and legal assistance to achieve compliance to national regulatory requirements for food safety and defence, in order to obtain access to markets around the world – Europe, North and South America, Middle East and Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.